Praying for the Nations.
Unlike any time in history, God is mobilizing His people for the plan of advancing His purpose. We understand from the scripture that there must be a great ingathering from the nations of the earth before the end. Peter wrote this in his first epistle to the church. Chapter four verse seven reads; But the end and culmination of all things has now come near; keep sound minded and self-restrained and alert therefore for [the practice of] prayer.
As the body of Christ, we must understand our responsibility to pray concerning God’s purpose for the nations. If there was one thing that we are instructed to do it is to pray. We are told in Psalm 2:8, “Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.” Now is the time for the church to awaken to its responsibility to complete this great task.
“If the church would only awaken to her responsibilities of intercession, we could well evangelize the world in a short time. It is not God’s plan that the world be merely evangelized ultimately. It would be evangelized in every generation. There should be a constant gospel witness in every corner of the world so that no sinner need close his eyes in death without hearing the gospel, the good news of salvation through Christ".--T.A. Hegre
Some of us are called to go to these nations and minister the love and light of God’s Word. Some are called to be senders, supporting those that are laboring in God’s harvest fields by providing much needed finances and resources. However, everyone is called to pray. We must understand that prayer and prayer alone is what is required to release the power of God sufficient to finish this task. We are entirely dependent on God and I believe that God has placed Himself in a position of being entirely dependent upon us. For that purpose, God has anointed the church with the Spirit of Prayer to enter into the conflict over the destinies of souls. We pray that God will so mightily fill you with his heart so that in prayer you may lay hold of man and lay hold of God until the two come together.
God is limited by our prayer life. He can do nothing for humanity unless someone asks Him. -- John Wesley
- Pray that the hearts of God’s people will be ablaze with love and loyal obedience to Jesus as King and Lord of all.
- Pray for God to unite Believers in prayer with “one mind,” empowering Christians to pray passionately together for Christ’s glory in the entire world (Acts 1:14, 2:46, 4:24).
- Pray for the Church to be filled afresh with God’s Spirit, empowered as Christ’s witnessing servants and thrust out into the world with the message of God’s love and forgiveness (Acts 1:8).
- Pray for National, regional and local leaders around the world to open their hearts to God’s wisdom and love.
- Pray that the Spirit of God would awaken the nations to hear His voice and to see His works (Acts 2:33).
- Pray for the Word of the cross of Christ to break the grip of sin’s power so that many will find the hope for their sins to “be wiped out” (Acts 3:19).